City of Milton
COVID-19 update – Friday, April 10, 2020
Updates are highlighted.
Subscribe to receive this update via email.
See our full list of information at www.miltonfl.org
City General Help Line - 850-983-5400
City of Milton
City General Information & new updates
• CDC continues to study the spread and effects of the novel coronavirus across the United States. We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
It is critical to emphasize that maintaining 6-feet social distancing remains important to slowing the spread of the virus. CDC is additionally advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure.
The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.
This recommendation complements and does not replace the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America, 30 Days to Slow the Spread external icon, which remains the cornerstone of our national effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus. CDC will make additional recommendations as the evidence regarding appropriate public health measures continues to develop.
Please take the time to review this video from the Surgeon General.
Florida Department of Emergency Management • Florida Department of Emergency Management COVID-19 HOTLINE # 866-779-6121
City of Milton – How to wash your hands
• Milton City Council declared a state of emergency on March 23. The city is operating within its emergency management & pandemic plan. • Contact City Manager’s office at 850-983-5411, City staff will continue to be available via phone or email. Executive and Committee of the Whole meetings are cancelled for the month of April. The CRA and City Council meetings will take place at its regularly scheduled time using available communications media technology (CMT). Check out the city website for more information. • All advisory committee boards and meetings have been cancelled for the month of April. Citizens are advised to check for daily updates from the City of Milton at www.miltonfl.org, Santa Rosa County at www.santarosa.fl.gov & www.santarosaready.com, State of Florida Office of the Governor at www.flgov.com and the Florida Department of Health at www.floridahealth.gov and CDC at www.cdc.gov. • All city buildings as well as City Hall lobby are closed to the public. • All essential city functions will continue to operate. • The city is encouraging citizens follow the states executive order 20-91, “stay at home” and only go out for essential purposes, electronic transactions, limiting social interactions while practicing social distancing, disinfecting public surfaces regularly and ensuring accuracy of all disseminated information. • Email firstname.lastname@example.org • Human Resources contact Laquita Neeley email@example.com; 850-983-5411 • Job listings will be posted at www.miltonfl.org. • Public Information Officer Pamela Holt firstname.lastname@example.org; 850-781-6621 • Grants Manager Sandy Woodbery email@example.com; 850-983-4704 • Budget Coordinator David Williams firstname.lastname@example.org; 850-983-5417
The City’s Office of Economic Development is assisting businesses in applying for local, state and federal grants & loans. • The city has allocated $60,000.00 to the already $100,000.00 Santa Rosa County Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program. Please contact the Florida SBDC located at UWF at 850-586-7802 or go to their website at www.sbdc.uwf.edu. You can also go to www.santarosaready.com for information. • Visit the City of Milton Business Assistance Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Miltonbusinessassistance/ for local businesses to share pertinent information and for more information regarding Small Business Administration for loans and grant opportunities and employment opportunities for individuals. • Ed Spears, Economic Development Director at email@example.com; 850-5300051 • Stephen Prestesater, Economic Development Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org; 850-860-1370
Finance/ City Clerk/ Public Records
• Drive thru window for finance is open for business. We are encouraging use of electronic payments at www.miltonfl.org. Online payment fees are waived at this time • New customer service is available by appointment only. • Public Records payments can be mailed to P.O. Box 909, Milton, FL 32572 • Contact the Finance Department at 850-983-5401 or email City Clerk Dewitt Nobles at email@example.com; 850-983-5402
• Contact Christie Haarmann at firstname.lastname@example.org; 850-983-5410
Milton Fire Department
Due to COVID-19 and based on guidance from the state, Milton Fire Department has temporarily stopped fire station tours in an effort to protect first responders and maintain critical public safety infrastructure. • Contact John Reble, Milton Fire Chief at email@example.com; 850-983-5432
Milton Police Department
The Milton Police Department lobby remains open to the public. • Contact Tony Tindell, Milton Police Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org; 850-983-5423
Milton Warehouse is closed to the public. • Deliveries to the warehouse can arrive as scheduled. • Contact Randy Hoyt, Supervisor at email@example.com; 850-983-5748; Cell 850377-4248
Parks and Recreation
• City Parks will remain open so long as people practice social distancing guidelines. Playground equipment, table’s, etc. are not sanitized. All restrooms are closed and will remain closed during this time. The public should use the playground equipment, table, etc. at their own risk. • The Milton Community Center and the Milton Event Center are closed to the public. • No youth or senior programs are in operation due to the COVID-19 virus. • Contact John Norton at firstname.lastname@example.org; 850-983-5466
Planning and Development
• Walk-in permitting has been suspended until further notice. • Forms and submission information can be found at www.miltonfl.org. • Permits can be emailed to email@example.com.
• Code Enforcement complaints and sign permitting can be sent to https://www.miltonfl.org/FormCenter/Planning-8 • Youth Council meetings have been cancelled until further notice. • Contact Tim Milstead at firstname.lastname@example.org; 850-983-5440
Public Works/ Utilities/ Sanitation
For sewer tap fees, please call or email to make an appointment. • Sanitation pick up schedule is available at www.miltonfl.org. • Contact Public Works email@example.com; 850-983-5400 ext 1200
Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Milton Wastewater Treatment Plant, located at 6903 Municipal Drive, Milton, is closed to the public. • All tours of the plant have been stopped due to the protection of employees. • Contact Jesse Medley at firstname.lastname@example.org; 850-983-5461
City of Milton Update April 10, 2020
# # #