Milton Planning Board
- 7 voting members/1 non-voting member – 1 from each Ward appointed by the 2 Council Members from Ward, 1 at Large appointed by Mayor and 2 at Large appointed by Council
- 3rd Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.
- 4 years (with option of reappointment)
- Unified Development Code
Description of Duties
- The City of Milton Planning Board is designated as the Local Planning Agency. The Planning Board shall be responsible for review and recommendations regarding the development, updating and amendment of the comprehensive plan and land development regulations. All plan amendments and revised regulations shall require Planning Board review and recommendation prior to Council approval.
- All major subdivision plats and planned development projects shall require review and recommendation by the Milton Planning Board prior to action by City Council.
- All minutes of the Planning Board meetings shall be filed with the Planning and Development Department.
Note: Appointed members of City boards and committees are required by law to file a financial disclosure with the Florida Commission on Ethics. The reporting form and instructions will be sent to appointed members each year through the Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections office.
If you are interested in serving on any of the Boards, please call 983-5411 or fill out the Board Survey form (PDF).
Members and Term
|WARD 1, Jimmy Messick||June 9, 2024|
|WARD 2, Steve Dobbs (Vice-Chairman)||June 15, 2025|
|WARD 3, Laura Austin||June 15, 2025|
|WARD 4. Kathy Ellis||March 12, 2023|
|MAYOR AT-LARGE, Amber Leek||September 9, 2024|
|COUNCIL AT-LARGE, Randy Pierce||September 14, 2026|
|COUNCIL AT-LARGE, Tom Powers (Chairman)||September 9, 2024|
|COUNCIL AT-LARGE, Joey Harrell||Non-voting Member|